Human Resources Manager
|Benefits:||Full Benefits Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Responsible for the management and administration of daily Human Resources services in the Emporia Center including employment processing, new employee orientation, policies and procedures, performance and merit review, benefits, employee relations and recognition programs, personnel record keeping and reporting. Provides guidance to management in regards to Human Resources practices.
|Duties:||Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (Other duties may be assigned):|
New Employee Process
• Coordinate and conduct new employee orientation including new hire paperwork, HR policies and procedures overview, corporate compliance training, benefits explanation and enrollment, in groups or individually. Prepare and distribute enrollment and benefit package to new employees at orientation.
• Assure complete set-up of new employee by start date through Help Desk notification.
• Assure new hire screening process is completed including E-Verify within 3 days of hire date, background check and drug testing.
• Conduct annual open enrollment and communicate new benefit programs.
• Respond to employee inquiries concerning benefit programs and serve as liaison between employee and insurance providers to resolve problems related to benefits.
• Coordinate and conduct 401k quarterly enrollment meetings.
• Update insurance enrollments/changes/terminations in benefit provider websites.
Policies & Procedures
• Respond to employee inquiries regarding interpretation of policies and procedures and ensure consistent administration.
• Maintain knowledge of employment legislation and assists managers on actions needed to ensure compliance with Federal, State and other employment and labor laws including EEO, ADA, FMLA, ERISA, DOL, FLSA, Workers’ Compensation, OSHA, etc.
• Work directly with managers to provide consulting, advisory, and investigative support on personnel matters such as employee grievances, performance and conduct related issues adhering to consistent administration of HR policies and procedures
• Ensure good management practices are followed regarding documentation used for employment decisions, i.e., promotion, pay, disciplinary actions, terminations.
• Assist with development and delivery of manager training modules.
• Consult with Director of Human Resources as needed.
Performance Review Process
• Provide notification to managers of their direct reports’ evaluation due dates to ensure timely submission of performance evals.
• Provide updated appraisal forms and current employee data to managers.
• Produce and distribute custom reports on HR statistical data as requested to management.
• Monitor and identify changes in employee morale and keep the Director of Human Resources informed.
• Suggest solutions to the Director of HR to address morale issues and trends to improve the overall work environment.
• Improve the level of employee satisfaction by administering established recognition programs:
 Essential Pieces (Distribute signed certificates and gift cards to managers to present to employees)
 Employee of the Quarter (Display EOQ picture and commendation in appropriate location)
 President’s Club Quality & Sales Excellence (Distribute plaques and checks)
 Service Recognition (Create and give anniversary certificates to managers to distribute)
• Serve as permanent co-chair on CREW and direct weekly employee appreciation events.
• Plan and coordinate annual company events including cookouts and Christmas luncheon.
• Oversee the planning and scheduling of the special events budgeted for Emporia in 2013.
• Maintain and safeguard personnel records while maintaining confidentiality.
• Administer FMLA process complying with DOL FMLA regulations and maintain required records
• Administer all personnel actions/personnel requests ensuring complete and accurate information, obtain appropriate approvals, and provide timely information for payroll processing.
• Conduct exit interviews of terminating employees.
• Respond to unemployment claims and represent company at DOL hearings.
• Receive and respond to inquires regarding references and verification of employment on present and past employees.
• Assist with maintaining and updating the HR Section on BirchToday.
Manage the recruiting, interviewing and hiring process for the Emporia facility under direction of the Staffing Manager and Director of Human Resources.
• Manage group hires following a timeline to ensure hiring process is completed by the target date.
• Place local ads as directed, receive and review resumes, phone screen qualified candidates.
• Present candidates who passed phone screen to managers and schedule interviews as instructed.
• Extend offers and begin the new hire process.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for writing and sending communication specific to Emporia employees regarding Human Resource related issues.
Uphold Birch Communications’ company virtues.
Adhere to Birch Communications’ Corporate Compliance program.
|Qualifications:||Education and/or Experience Requirements |
High School Diploma
10+ years Human Resources Generalist experience.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
Knowledge of benefits administration
Knowledge of human resources related laws and regulations
Professional image and demeanor
Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
Ability to exercise tact and good interpersonal skills
Advanced PC skills using MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Ability to keep internal and external customer information confidential
Strong decision making skills and sound judgment
Knowledge of federal and state employment laws, EEO, FMLA, FLSA, COBRA, ADA, DOL, OSHA, Workers’ Compensation
Ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure
HRIS software, preferred
Accounting skills, preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
PHR, SPHR, CEBS designation(s), preferred
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.