|Benefits:||Full Benefits Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Birch Communnications is seeking a Network Voice and Data Engineer in the Macon, GA office, to provide IP and voice (TDM and Digital) network design and engineering operations support for an integrated voice and data IP network using VOIP soft-switch technology and Broadband loop carriers. The position will administer back office systems including DNS, Radius, Mail, EMS, and NMS; provide escalated Repair and NOC support; document designs and platform requirements.|
|Duties:||• Work with internal and external customers to understand current and future requirements and develop scalable and cost efficient voice and data network design and operating solutions.|
• Research and document new products and tools; interact with vendors on ongoing basis to stay abreast of new equipment and services
• Perform complex engineering, design, implementation and maintenance tasks on the LAN and WAN.
• Research, evaluate, and approve hardware and software solutions for complex problems; work with third party vendors to drive product roadmaps and feature enhancements.
• Assist in the troubleshooting of highly complex network problems
• Testing, provisioning, operations and emergency response for ongoing VOIP network operations.
• Overall responsibility for the operation and security of the IP networking environment.
• Ensures system availability, redundancy, security, and performance of equipment and functions.
• Design of Large Scale L2 and L3 Networks.
|Qualifications:||• College degree required; preferably B.S. in Computer Science, Networking or Electrical Engineering.|
• 5+ years experience in engineering data center and IP backbone networks in a multi-vendor multi-protocol environment.
• 5+ years experience architecting networks based on T1, DS3, Fiber / Optical, DSL, Ethernet, ATM, Frame Relay, and Ethernet over Copper core, distribution, and access media.
• 4 years experience designing networks for a VoIP Softswitch-based network.
• Expert level experience with Cisco Switches and Routers (experience with Juniper platform acceptable).
• Expert level experience with designing with and managing protocols such as OSPF, BGP, ISIS, RIP, MPLS, LDP, etc.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.